Bravo!

When I got the call last Friday afternoon, I could hear the excitement in his voice. 

"Wendy," he said, "I'm in kind of a silly mood, but I think I have a great idea that will connect with the congregation." 

With a smile on my face, I asked, "What is it? Tell me." 

He went on to explain that he had seen Hamilton at the Fox Theater when it was in town, but it wasn't until he watched it on Disney+, recently, that he realized he could create something really special. He indicated that the song performed by the king would be perfect for him, considering the current circumstances we all are facing, and proceeded to perform the parody for me over the phone, with just one verse left to write. 

My immediate reaction was, "You have to do this!" 

Little did I know that just three short days later, I would receive an email with a link to his YouTube parody of "You'll Be Back!" from the acclaimed Broadway musical, Hamilton. I immediately opened the link and watched, in awe, of the talent that was on the screen before me. I knew he had a gift, but now it was proven. If you haven't had the opportunity to watch it, please click on the link below.


We've been living life through virtual options for the last five months, and I don't know about you, but this parody was needed. The rabbi misses all of us, and this performance showed us how much! The response you have given back to him has been incredible as well. 

Thank you, Rabbi, for being our constant in this ever changing place. We'll be back soon, but, to be honest, we've never left!

Kol Hakavod!

wear your mask

Wendy Widis
President

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Brief Update

Time for Reflection